When you call the council’s switchboard number (01235 422422), you'll hear a menu system that helps you get to the right person quickly.
Here's a list of shortcuts for our key services to help you find the correct person, without having to listen to all the menu options.
When the call connects, you'll hear the menu system begin. At this point, you can press the number(s) as set out below:
For South Oxfordshire: press 1
For Vale of White Horse: press 2
To make a payment for a council service over the phone: Press 1
- to request a bulky waste collection: Press 2 then press 1.
- to discuss the collection of rubbish, recycling or garden waste (including missed bins), or a street cleaning issue: Press 2 then press 2.
- to order a new garden waste bin, or pay for an existing bin: Press 2 then press 3.
- for all other waste queries: Press 2 then press 4.
To speak to the housing needs team: Press 3
Planning and Building Control
- for Planning: Press 4 then press 1
- for Building Control: Press 4 then press 2.
For Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction Scheme: Press 5
For all council tax calls: Press 6
Last reviewed: 24 - 05 - 2016