Where your money goes
For a summary of how we spend your money on our services, see the Spending on Services section of the council tax leaflet for 2017/18 (downloads section of this page).
As we are committed to being open and transparent with our residents, we are publishing the individual payments of over £500 (£250 from July 2016) which we have made to suppliers.
This information will only include non-personal data as the Data Protection Act requires us to keep personal details private.
As we work closely with South Oxfordshire District Council (South) and other Oxfordshire councils to deliver better value for money public services, our spending information does not include cross payments between the councils when one takes the lead. For example, where we have a joint contract with South, we pay the full amount due to the supplier, recharge South for their costs and receive re-imbursement.
We have used our financial management system to produce the information which we have formatted into a standard good practice template. The data is separated into:
- organisational unit description and code - residents can clearly see which service was responsible for making the purchase
- internal cost code – this identifies the general nature of our spend
- CIPFA expenses type - this supports our internal cost codes and allows comparisons to other authorities (as not all authorities use the same internal cost codes)
- transaction date – residents are able to identify when we made the payment
- transaction number – our financial management system uses this internal reference
- net amount – this shows the full cost of the transaction (excluding VAT)
- supplier name – residents can identify the recipient of each transaction
- supplier ID – this allows us to distinguish between suppliers with the same name and also to match suppliers together if their names have changed
In line with good practice, we will publish spending data every quarter (monthly from October 2016) and in two formats:
- a document in a pdf format which is easy to read and is printer friendly
- a machine-readable spreadsheet for easier reuse and analysis
You can find our spending data below:
2017/18 financial year
2016/17 financial year
2015/16 financial year
2014/15 financial year
2013/14 financial year
quarter 2: or Q2 spend csv
2012/13 financial year
quarter 4: Q4 spend pdf or
2011/12 financial year
quarter 3: Q3 spend pdf or
Last reviewed: 21 - 09 - 2017