Leaflets and newsletters
The Communications Team produces a number of publications to help highlight Council news and services. Here are some examples of Council publications:
- Community safety newsletter - This is produced every spring and autumn, and gives an update on the work of the Community Safety Team. To view the latest newsletters please see our Community safety pages.
- Embrace newsletter - This newsletter aims to provide people working in ethnic minority restaurants and take-aways in Abingdon and Didcot information about local services. It is part of the work of The The Embrace Partnership, which was formed to promote good relations between different cultures and communities and to stop racial harassment. For more information and to view copies of the Embrace newsletter see our page about The Embrace partnership.
- Council Tax leaflet - This leaflet is produced annually to give householders in the Vale information about how their Council Tax bill has been calculated, as well as details about how this money will be spent in the District. It is sent to every household in the Vale with the Council Tax bill.
- Your waste leaflet - This includes an A-Z of what to do with your waste, information about green boxes and recycling, bank holiday collection dates and special offers for home composting.
- Anti-social behaviour leaflet - This provides a guide to what anti-social behaviour is, how it can be reported and how the Vale's Community Safety Team is working to tackle it.
- Flood information leaflet - This was produced to give people information about how they can help prepare for the risk of flooding. It contains advice about flood warnings, sandbags and what to do in case of a flood as well as a list of key contacts.
Last reviewed: 16 - 08 - 2011