The Communications Team
The Communications Team works to improve the way in which the council communicates with people who live and work in the Vale.
We do this using a range of communication channels, including:
- The council website, which we are responsible for maintaining and developing
- Press releases
- Publications including our Council Tax leaflet
- Consultation through our citizens' panel Vale Voice, focus groups and surveys
- Public relations campaigns
To find out the latest news from the council please see our News pages, and for details of some of the high profile developments affecting the district see our topical issues pages.
The Communications Team comprises:
- Andy Roberts, Communications Team leader
- Emma East, Senior Communications Officer
- Lucy Billen, Senior Communications Officer
- Gavin Walton, Communications Officer
- Karen Dodd, Chairman's PA and Events Co-ordinator
The Vale's communications team is shared with South Oxfordshire's, so any enquiries about South Oxfordshire District Council can be dealt at the same time as Vale media enquiries.
How the Team can help
- How do I make a press enquiry to the Vale of White Horse District Council?
- How do I get an interview with a Vale councillor or employee for television or radio?
- How can I find out what services the Vale is responsible for?
- Who should I contact for press enquiries about issues that the Vale of White Horse District Council is not responsible for?
- How do I make a Freedom of Information request?
- Can I attend the Council's Executive Board and Full Council meetings?
- How do I get the Council's Chairman to attend or support my event or cause?
- Where can I get the Vale's logo for my website or publication?
How do I make a press enquiry to the Vale of White Horse District Council?
To make a press enquiry at the Vale you should phone the Communications Team on 01235 422400. A communications officer will deal with the enquiry and aim to get back to you as soon as possible.
How do I get an interview with a Vale councillor or employee for television or radio?
To get an interview with a councillor or a council employee for radio or television you should call the Communications Team.
How can I find out what services the Vale is responsible for?
Oxfordshire has a two-tier system of local government. This means that your council services are provided by two different councils. The Vale of White Horse District Council run services such as planning, housing and waste collection, while Oxfordshire County Council is responsible for running services such as libraries, schools and social care. For more information see our page What services is this council responsible for providing
Who should I contact for press enquiries about issues that the Vale of White Horse Dstrict Council is not responsible for?
Contact details for other Communications Teams in Oxfordshire
|Oxfordshire County Council||01865 810256|
|Thames Valley Police||01865 266030 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group||01865 336831/336788/336789|
|Oxford City Council||01865 252096|
|West Oxfordshire District Council||01993 861615|
|Cherwell District Council||01295 221870|
How do I make a Freedom of Information request?
Visit our Freedom of Information page.
Can I attend the Council's Executive Board and Full Council meetings?
Anyone can attend the Vale's Executive or Full Council meetings. Visit our Meetings and agendas page to find out dates, venues and agendas for all our council meetings.
How do I get the council's chairman to attend or support my event or cause?
Contact the Chairman's assistant on 01235 422082 who will be able to help you further.
Where can I get the Vale's logo for my website or publication?
Any requests for the council's logo must be made to the Communications Team.
Last reviewed: 16 - 04 - 2019