Wantage and Grove Community Alcohol Partnership (CAP)
A CAP brings together a variety of local organisations and interested parties to work together to prevent underage drinking and encourage responsible drinking amongst young adults.
The aim of the Partnership is to help ensure that Wantage & Grove is a safe and enjoyable place to live, work and socialise.
The Wantage and Grove CAP has developed a local action plan to reduce underage drinking and associated problems. The Wantage and Grove CAP is made up of the following organisations:
- National CAP coordinator
- King Alfred's Academy
- Oxford University Hospitals
- South and Vale Community Safety Partnership
- Vale of White Horse District Council
- Thames Valley Police
- Wantage and Grove Street Pastors
- Sovereign Housing
- local licensees (for example, Rowes Newsagents, SHUSH).
- The Sport for Streets Initiative.
A priority for the campaign is reducing the opportunities young people have to purchase alcohol. To assist with this, the CAP are facilitating free training for independent retailers on responsible selling practises, including:
- the 'Challenge 25' age-verification policy
- how to spot fake ID
- proxy purchasing
Last reviewed: 19 - 02 - 2020