Becoming a parent
- - offers advice on having a baby, from pregnancy, birth and labour, to postnatal care, work arrangements and benefits.
- Benefits - find out if you are entitled to benefits. If you are claiming benefits don't forget to inform the council of your change in circumstances.
Register a birth
Resources for parents
- Family Information Directory - Oxfordshire County Council's contains advice, support and events for families
- - provides a variety of useful resources for parents. Counselling and telephone support including Breastfeeding Line, Enquiry Line and Pregnancy and Birth Line.
- FamilyLives - charity offering support for parents. FamilyLives runs a freephone helpline, courses for parents, develops innovative projects and provides a range of information.
- Local services for children and young people - information from Oxfordshire County Council-s website on services offered to children, young people and parents in Oxfordshire, including care, health, education and more.
- - the government programme to deliver the best start in life for every child. Sure Start brings together, early education, childcare, health and family support.
- - Information about childcare options and help with paying for it, early education for three and four year olds, family centres and opportunities to work with children in Oxfordshire.
- - A parenting club website, providing support and advice for Mums and Dads, from trying to conceive, right up to the school gate. The site is full of useful information, and has a thriving community where Mums and Dads share their thoughts and issues
- Which? Birth Choice - finding the right place to give birth.
Last reviewed: 31 - 07 - 2018