Help through difficult times
Help through difficult times - including registering a death, support for bereavement and coping with illness.
Death and bereavement
Support and comfort
- The Samaritans- for someone you can talk to who will give you support. There are over 180 branches which are open 24 hours a day.
- Cruse Bereavement Care - provides a nationwide service of bereavement counselling, advice, information and social contact through its headquarters and more than 196 local branches, to anyone bereaved by death irrespective of age, race, religion, gender or sexual preference.
- - a free, confidential counselling support network, enabling those in distress to find a counsellor close to them and appropriate for their needs.
Advice and support for carers
- Advice and support for people looking after a relative, friend or neighbour who needs support because of frailty, illness, disability.
- Help and advice for domestic violence.
- If you are worried about a child's safety or wellbeing contact the Helpline free and anonymously on 0808 800 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dealing with debt problems
- If you're in debt and you are finding it hard to cope, it's important to deal with the problem straight away - the longer you ignore your debts, the worse the situation becomes.
- Difficulty paying your Business Rates. If you think you will have difficulty in paying your Business Rates it may be possible to make an alternative arrangement for payment.
- Council Tax - discounts, relief and exemptions. Find out whether you qualify for a discount on your Council Tax.
- Housing and Council Tax Benefit. If you are on a low income or have difficulty meeting rental payments, you may be eligible to claim housing benefit.
- Local service points - what we can offer.
- - a registered national debt advice charity offering free, impartial support and advice to anyone worried about debt.
Last reviewed: 04 - 01 - 2016