New to the Vale?
If you have just moved to the Vale, welcome! We hope you are settling into your new home and to the area.
This website offers lots of information about the services we provide. Here are some links to find out more.
Change of circumstances
Update your details using our online form to let us know a change of address (or name).
Rubbish, recycling and waste
- Find out when your rubbish and recycling is collected using the My Vale postcode search
- Find out what you can put out for recycling, and how to order extra green recycling boxes in our Recycling pages
- Find out how to join our brown bin scheme and get your garden and cardboard waste collected every fortnight for £36.50 a year in our Garden waste pages
- Find out how much your council tax bill is for your property using the My Vale postcode search
- Find out how you can pay this bill and if you are eligible for any discounts or exemptions in our Council tax pages
- Find out how if you are eligible for housing or council tax benefits, and how to apply if you are, in our Benefits pages
- Find out how to apply for a free bus pass if you are over 60 or disabled in our Assisted travel and bus pass pages.
Your new home
- Thinking of making alterations to your new home? Find out how to apply for planning permission or building regulations approval in our Planning pages
- Find out how to save energy in your new home in our Saving energy pages
How to have your say
- Find out how to register to vote in the Vale in our Elections and electoral registration pages
- Sign up to our residents panel to help have your say and help shape council plans and policies
About the Vale
- Find out about the clubs, societies, voluntary groups and leisure groups in your area by searching through the database
- Find out about the leisure facilities on offer in the Vale, including sports centres and parks, in our Leisure and arts pages
About this Council
- Find out who your local Councillor is using the My Vale postcode search
- Want to know more about the Council? See our Who we are and How we work pages for more details
- Find out about the latest Council news on our News and events pages.
Find local facilities
- - find out information about an area - from actual property prices to the neighbourhood's favourite newspaper.
- is a free-to-use, broadband consumer advice website.
- is a broadband/digital TV/phone comparison site accredited by Ofcom.
- Choose Broadband - Independently run broadband comparison site.
Last reviewed: 03 - 07 - 2017