Speakers of other languages

Help and advice on English for speakers of other languages

If English isn't your main language, you can do a course to help you improve your English. These courses are called ESOL or English for Speakers of other Languages.

For free advice call the National Careers Service helpline 0800 100 900.

Learning English online

'Life in the UK' test

You take the 'Life in the UK' test if you're applying to be a British citizen and your level of English is ESOL Entry 3 or above.

Find out more about the Life in the UK test. This link will take you to an external website...  

Moving to Oxfordshire from outside the UK

A guide to laws, customs and services for international visitors, workers and migrants: Oxfordshire County Council publishes a guide for anyone new to Oxfordshire or to the UK. It provides information on UK laws, customs and services and essential local contacts. View the Oxfordshire Life Guide here. This link will take you to an external website...  

Last reviewed: 05 - 04 - 2017

Was this page helpful?YesNo