Find out about services that we provide for elderly and disabled residents, as well as some provided by other organisations.
People that can help
There are lots of groups and charities in the Vale that can help people with a whole range of disabilities or difficulties. You can search through them at the Oxfordshire Community and Voluntary Action website.
Find out about our accessible services by following the links below:
Home and housing options
- Housing repairs and adaptation (Financial help to adapt your home)
How will you cope in an emergency?
Support for carers
Everyday life and leisure
- Help with rubbish and recycling collections
- Bus passes
- Wheelchair accessible vehicles
- Keys for use in public conveniences
- Disabled parking spaces – council car parks
- Leisure passes - for leisure centres and swimming pools in then Vale
- Community transport
- - use this card with your bus ticket and/or concessionary pass to advise the driver of your needs
If you have difficulty reading any council literature, we can arrange for it to be translated into Braille, large print, CD or sent via email.
Listen to this website with BrowseAloud.
Last reviewed: 25 - 01 - 2018