The council's role in an emergency

During a major incident or emergency the council will work in partnership with other agencies to respond to the situation. In most cases the police or county council will be responsible for co-ordinating the response and the Vale will be working to support the emergency services.

It is the council's responsibility to provide the following services:

Accommodation - This can include rest centres and emergency accommodation for members of the community who may have been evacuated from their homes as a result of a major incident or emergency, for example flooding.

Communications - Giving advice on minimising the hazards caused by the emergency.

Building Services - Assisting the Emergency Services working near buildings that may have been damaged or are unsafe as a result of a major incident.

Last reviewed: 03 - 07 - 2017

Was this page helpful?YesNo