Report an air pollution problem

If you have particular concerns about an air quality issue, contact the environmental protection team (see contacts section of this page).

  • If the problem relates to dark smoke from industrial or trade premises we will try to visit as soon as practicable.
  • If the problem relates to a neighbour’s garden bonfire we normally suggest that you speak to your neighbour initially. We will write to them if the problem persists and ask you to log any further problems. If there are continuing problems we can serve an abatement notice if we have suitable evidence of the extent of the problem.

Last reviewed: 24 - 05 - 2018

Was this page helpful?YesNo