Contaminated land public register
Local Authorities are required to maintain a public register, open for public inspection, of the remediation of contaminated land in their area. This requirement is made in Section 78R of the Environment Protection Act 1990.
This register is intended to act as a full and permanent record of all the regulatory action taken by the enforcing authority in relation to the remediation of the land.
The register will include:
- Remediation notices
- Appeals against remediation notices
- Remediation declarations
- Remediation statements
- Appeals against charging notices
- Designation of special sites
- Notification of claimed remediation
- Convictions for offences under Section 78M of the Act
- Guidance issued under Section 78V(1) of the Act
- Other matters prescribed by Regulations
At present there are no entries in the Vale of White Horse contaminated land public register.
The public register does not include details of historic land use and other information used in the identification and investigation of potentially contaminated land, or information on sites that have been remediated through the planning and development control process.
Last reviewed: 12 - 02 - 2014