You may be living in a privately owned or rented property and struggling in your accommodation because you have a disability. You may be wondering whether it is possible to make changes to your property to make life easier.

These changes can range from something relatively straightforward like widening of doorways, an over bath shower or stairlift to more complicated and expensive adaptations such as ramps, level access shower, through floor lifts or ground floor extensions.

If you have a permanent and substantial disability and are a resident of Oxfordshire you may be eligible for a disabilities facilities grant (DFG). This is a mandatory grant to adapt your home so you can continue living in your home and remain independent.

Before you embark on the adaptation route there are a number of questions for you to consider when deciding whether adapting your home is the most appropriate solution

For more information please see

Housing options leaflet (6.2 MB) PDF

Last reviewed: 09 - 12 - 2015

Was this page helpful?YesNo