Help and advice for social tenants

Antisocial issues

You may be a tenant in a housing association property who is experiencing some level of antisocial behaviour by either a neighbour or someone in the local community. This is causing you to feel alarmed, harassed, annoyed, or distressed. This type of behaviour can include:

  • Noisy neighbours and loud parties
  • Hate crime, including racist or homophobic abuse
  • Damage to property, vandalism, and graffiti
  • Threatening, drunken, and rowdy behaviour
  • Abandoning cars on the street
  • Setting off fireworks late at night
  • Behaviour that creates alarm or fear
  • Harassment and intimidating behaviour
  • Drinking in the street

Antisocial behaviour can make you, your family, and the wider community, feel unsafe.

You must contact your housing association and report this.

You can contact the police and report non-urgent incidents on 101 or urgent incidents on 999 

For noise issues you can contact and report these incidents to the Environmental health service on 01235 422403

Mould and dampness

If you are experiencing condensation, mould or dampness in your property, here's a useful leaflet helping you manage this (1.2 MB) PDF .

Seeking a move through the council transfer list is not a quick solution if you are experiencing these issues. Reporting them and following the correct advice are the more effective ways of dealing with the problems.

Last reviewed: 24 - 05 - 2016

Was this page helpful?YesNo