Homeless or at risk

We want to prevent you becoming homeless in the first instance so it's important you contact the housing team for advice on your housing situation. A housing officer will provide advice and support and where possible prevent you from losing your home.

Our homelessness service is an emergency service, and we have a duty to only help those people who meet strict criteria. See our Help with Homelessness guide (1.2 MB) PDF to see if you're eligible for help.

If you're under 18 and having serious problems at home which make it dangerous or impossible to stay there, contact the Childrens and Family team through Social Services on 01865 897987.

If you're a victim of domestic violence (397.5 KB) PDF , contact Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse service on 0800 731 0055, to find a refuge call 0808 2000 246 for advice; male victims should contact the Men's Advice Line. Reducing the risk for domestic abuse This link will take you to an external website...  provides further information and advice.

Advice for those not eligible for homeless service?

Where else can I find advice?

Shelter This link will take you to an external website...  can provide advice on housing and homelessness.

Last reviewed: 13 - 02 - 2017

Was this page helpful?YesNo