Buying, selling or gifting a home

There is a formal process in place to protect buyers and sellers of park homes.

The council is not involved in any negotiations and doesn’t have any responsibilities regarding the sale.

There is a booklet (389.6 KB) PDF published by Department for Communities and Local Government entitled Park homes: know your rights. This booklet outlines the process and explains the law surrounding this process.

The website website, is also a very good source of information

Park Homes Advice This link will take you to an external website... This link will take you to an external website...

There is an organisation called Lease. They are Government funded and offer independent advice on residential leasehold and park home matters.

You can contact them at

This website has lots of information for owners of park homes, site owners, local authority officers or anyone else with a question about the law on park homes.

You can get personal advice by contacting them through their online enquiry form, or by telephone on 020 7832 2525.  Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

You can use the LEASE Directory to find lawyers, surveyors, and other professionals with park homes experience.

Last reviewed: 06 - 09 - 2019

Was this page helpful?YesNo