Councillors, committees, meetings and agendas
The council and councillors
There are 38 councillors directing the work of the council, elected by the voters of the Vale of White Horse district. Our elections are held every four years. You can find councillors and their contact details by:
The council has a cabinet and leader management structure. The leader of the council is Councillor Matthew Barber. The council is Conservative controlled. The council also has a chairman who attends a considerable number of events in the district during the term of office.
Committees, meetings, agendas and minutes
Access a wide range of information and documents relating to the council’s decision making processes, find out about forthcoming Council meetings and decisions and obtain details for your local political representatives:
- calendar of meetings – shows when meetings are taking place. Clicking on a meeting name will take you to its agenda and minutes if these have been published, or information about the meeting.
- meeting agendas and minutes – by clicking on the meeting name you can find agendas, which appear a week before the meeting date, and minutes which show what was discussed at a meeting.
- Planning Committee agendas and minutes - shows when planning meetings are due to take place and what will be discussed.
- decisions – details of recent decisions taken by the council or various committees.
- work programmes - a rolling programme of decisions to be made by the council
How to get involved
You can observe council and committee meetings which are open to the public. You can address some meetings. Contact democratic services for more details.
You can access and sign current ePetitions submitted to this Council, as well as accessing information on ePetitions that have already been completed.
Democracy in your community
You may want to look at:
- Contact details for the council representatives on other bodies and forums that are independent from the council
- – find out about meetings and decisions
- –contact details for your parish councils
- – contact details for you local MP.
- Elections – Find out how to register to vote and details of upcoming and previous elections.
- Code of Conduct, councillor allowances and the council’s Constitution – these can all be found in the library.
My Vale Local Search
Use the Vale of White Horse Local Search to find information about council services in the area, such as who your local councillor is. Search by postcode or town/village.
Rules for councillors
Last reviewed: 21 - 11 - 2016