Town and parish council elections - Thursday 2 May 2019
In some places, on Thursday 2 May, you will get to vote for someone to represent you on your local town or parish council.
Town and parish councillors represent their communities on issues that aﬀect them, by commenting on planning applications and other proposals, and maintaining community buildings, land, play areas, allotments and cemeteries.
Who can vote in this election
To vote in this election you must:
- be registered to vote
- be 18 or over on the day of the election
- be a British, Irish, Commonwealth or EU citizen
- be registered at an address in the area you want to vote in
- not be legally excluded from voting
Who you can vote for
To be confirmed here from 4pm on Thursday 4 April
When and where can I go to vote in this election
Availble soon on our How to vote page.
To appear here from 26 March.
Key dates for this election
- 26 March – details of election confirmed
- 4 April – details of who you can vote for published
- 12 April – deadline to register to vote in this election
- 15 April – deadline for applications to vote by post
- 24 April – deadline for applications to vote by proxy
- 2 May – voting day (7am to 10pm)
- 3 May – election results.
Last reviewed: 22 - 02 - 2019