Working at elections - we are currently looking for staff
We are currently looking for staff to work at polling stations and at the count for the County Council elections on 4 May.
Please click on the links below for more details.
Rates of pay
- Presiding Officer - £225 (including training fee and transportation of ballot box fee)
- Poll Clerk - £135 (not including training fee)
- Verification/Count Assistant - tbc
- Runners - tbc
You must be at least 18 years of age to work in a polling station, whereas you need only be 16 years of age to work as a counting assistant. If successful, before you start working, you will need to provide either:
- your valid passport, or
- your birth certificate and proof of National Insurance Number (eg. P60, P45, payslip, etc.).
Please also note:
- Polling and count staff must not have worked in support of a political party/candidate at the election
- Polling and count staff must consent to working in excess of the normal working hours provided for by the Working Time Directive.
How to apply
Please take a moment to read the full Job Descriptions. Then download and complete the application form above and send to ElectionStaff@southandvale.gov.uk or post it to the address in the contact details section of this page.
Last reviewed: 10 - 05 - 2017