Permitted Development Enquiry

If you think that the works you’re proposing may fall under permitted development rights, you can get an informal, written opinion from one of our planning officers for £52.50.

We have to research information about your property and understand exactly what work is being carried out before we can advise you whether you need planning permission. We can only give very general advice over the telephone.

Although our written response is informal it is often sufficient for evidence required in the process of your house sale. Our target is to respond to these enquiries within 20 working days but often the response can be quicker.

To apply for an informal opinion, complete this form (235.5 KB) PDF and arrange to pay £52.50. See guidance on payment options. Please also submit any further drawings, plans etc. to us – the more information you can provide, the more comprehensive the response we can make.

Last reviewed: 01 - 04 - 2019

Was this page helpful?YesNo