Local Land Charges
Our current turnaround on all Local Authority Searches is within 8 working days
The Law Society's revised CON 29 and CON 29O forms are available.
We now only accept Local Authority Searches on the new Con29 forms.
Our fees have remained the same.
The Local Land Charges team is responsible for:
- maintaining the Local Land Charges Register
- carrying out Local Authority Searches
- the provision of copy documents
- holding copies of the Oxfordshire County Council highways and public rights of way maps and information (however we do not hold details of land ownership or boundaries)
We are linked to the National Land Information Service (NLIS) at Level 3, and can receive and return Local Search requests electronically. Our fees and charges are reviewed annually on 1st April.
You can view search fees here.
Our Promises To You
- We will provide a friendly and efficient service, which aims to be 100% accurate at all times
- We will respond to all official Searches within 8 working days (although we will endeavour to respond within five working days)
- We will make the Local Land Charges Register available for Personal Searches
- We will respond to copy document requests within 5 working days of receipt of written requests
- We will respond to written enquiries within 10 working days of receipt
- We have adopted the Local Land Charges Code of Practice published by the Local Government Association.
The council can receive and return Local Search requisitions electronically. Please contact us if you would like to sign up to our direct online ordering service - 'OcellaWeb'
The council does not make any additional charges for receiving search responses electronically.
We can also return any search response electronically via email - please contact the team to arrange.
Local Land Charges Personal (Non Official) Searches
Anyone can carry out a personal search of the Local Land Charges Register. You can visit our offices and use the public terminals to produce your results. No appointment is necessary.
Obtaining Con29 Data under Environmental Information Regulations Act 2004 (EIR) - From 4th July 2016
Please see our guide for obtaining Con29R data under EIR (or view our Information sheet from the downloads section of this page).
Last reviewed: 23 - 08 - 2016