Other types of applications
More information on good and poor quality drawings can be found on the page Examples of good and poor quality drawings. In particular, site plans must be Ordnance Survey or similar quality and must show at least two named roads with the whole of the application site outlined in red, a detailed block plan must be included, floor plans and elevations must be accurately drawn and must show adequate details of windows, doors, eaves and verges (i.e. simple line drawings will not be accepted), and drawings must use black ink to ensure they are good quality and clear when scanned. All drawings must be numbered. It will not be necessary to include detailed drawings if you are submitting an outline planning application with matters reserved to be approved at a later date.
Certificate of ownership notices 1 and 2
If you have completed either Certificate C or D as you do not know any or all of the owner(s) of the application site, you will need to publish a notice in the local newspaper circulating in the area detailing the application. .
Application forms, validation forms and guidance notes
Please use this form if you are applying for planning permission to extend or alter your house or to carry out other householder development in your garden.
3. Householder applications for planning permission and listed building consent for works or extension to a dwelling
4. Applications for planning permission
Please use this form if you are applying for planning permission for any development other than householder development.
Please note this joint form is currently not available. To apply for permission to display an advertisement on a listed building you will have to submit two application forms - application numbers 11 and 12 - on separate forms.
21. Applications for prior notification of proposed larger home extension
22. Applications for prior approval of a proposed change of use to dwelling(s) - this notification consists of a change of use of any building or land from B1(a) (offices) to a use falling within Class C (dwelling houses).
23. Applications for prior approval of a proposed change of use to state funded school or nursery
24. Applications for prior approval of proposed change of use of agricultural building to a flexible use within Shops, Professional services, Restaurants and Cafes, Business, Storage or Distribution, Hotels, or Assembly or Leisure
Please note: Development is not permitted where the building exceeds 500 square metres or is a listed building or Scheduled Ancient Monument or is or forms part of a safety hazard area or military explosives storage area.
25. Prior Approval of Proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a Dwellinghouse (Use Class C3), and for Associated Operational Development
26. Prior Approval of Proposed Change of Use of a building from a Retail (Use Class A1 or A2) Use or a Mixed Retail and Residential Use to a use falling within Use Class C3 (Dwellinghouse), and for Associated Operational Development
27. Prior Approval for a Change of Use from Shops (Class A1), Financial and Professional Services (Class A2), Betting Offices, Pay Day Loan Shops and Casinos (Sui Generis Uses) to Restaurants and Cafés (Class A3)
28. Prior Approval for a Change of Use from Premises in Light Industrial Use (Class B1(c)) and any land within its curtilage to Dwellinghouses (Class C3)
29. Applications for a hedgerow removal notice
35. Application for non material amendment
36. Application for the modification or discharge of a planning obligation
Last reviewed: 30 - 11 - 2017