Examination of Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule
Planning Inspector Mr Malcolm Rivett was appointed to undertake an independent examination into the soundness of Vale of White Horse Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Draft Charging Schedule.
The Council received the Inspector’s Report on 15 May 2017. The report concluded that, subject to modifications, the CIL Charing Schedule is ‘sound’.
A copy of the Inspector’s Report can be viewed and accessed below. A copy is also available to view at the Council's Offices at 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Milton, OX14 4SB and at libraries in the district.
CIL Hearings & Guidance
Any queries related to the process should be directed to the Programme Officer.
The Programme Officer for the Examination is Ian Kemp. His primary task is to assist the Inspector, Council and all interested parties in relation to the administrative and procedural arrangements for the Examination. He is not a Council Officer and works to the direction of the Inspector.
The Council submitted the following documents to the Inspector for his consideration during the Examination:
In response to the Inspector's Matters and Questions the following written statements were received:
December 2016 consultation documents
Between 15 December 2016 and 26 January 2017, in preparation for the Examination, we consulted on a number of modifications required to the DCS. The Planning Inspector's comments, the Draft Charging Schedule (DCS) and the supporting documents are available below:
* On 19 January 2017 the Council updated the DCS to respond to the Planning Inspector’s request for clarification on four minor inconsistencies as follows:
- including reference to South of Faringdon in Table 1 (section 1.7)
- adding maps for Shrivenham and Didcot (pages 8 and 9)
- rewording the title of map 4 to charging zone for supermarkets and retail warehousing in section 1.13 (now map 6)
- updating CIL Zone 4 to charging zone for supermarkets and retail warehousing in the key to map 4 (now map 6 – page 10)
We also consulted on our Planning Obligations Supplementary Planning Document
April 2015 submitted documents
Vale of White Horse District Council submitted the Community Infrastructure Levy to the Secretary of State on 17 April 2015 for independent Examination. The original documents submitted are available below:
Last reviewed: 26 - 06 - 2019