Section 106 – Apply for Funding
We are committed to working with town and parish councils to deliver local projects and are introducing new processes to pass on S106 contributions to town and parish councils to help fund agreed local infrastructure projects.
To be considered for funding projects should:
- Meet the specific requirements of one or more S106 agreements
- Be supported by the parish or town council
- Usually take place in the same town or parish as the development
- Be a capital projects (funds cannot be used for revenue towards on-going running costs or minor repair works).
When assessing proposed projects the following criteria will be considered:
- Ownership of the asset and whether consent is in place for any works.
- Evidence of need for the project (e.g. identified in a strategy, as a priority through work on a Community Led Plan or through other community consultation work).
- An increase in usage of the asset as a result of awarding the funding (i.e. a greater number of people will use the facility).
- A broader usage of the asset as a result of awarding the funding (e.g. use by disabled people, older or younger people who may not have had access previously).
- That a complete funding package is in place with the offer of a S106 grant.
- That there is financial sustainability for the asset into the future.
To apply for S106 funding please complete an , and send it along with any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have been working to improve the way we communicate with town and parish councils about Section 106 matters. As part of this we have been working to make more information available online and to create Section 106 information bulletins for each town and parish where Section 106 agreements have been entered into.
A Section 106 update bulletin for your town or parish can be found below. This sets out information on amounts secured, received and allocated/spent by the District Council. We intend to send out updates every 6 months, and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions as to what further information would be useful for you.
Last reviewed: 24 - 03 - 2017