Local Plan 2041
The adopted Vale of White Horse Local Plan 2031 is divided into two parts: Local Plan 2031 Part 1 (adopted in December 2016) and Local Plan 2031 Part 2 (adopted in October 2019). Local authorities have to review (and if necessary, update) their local plan at least every five years. The Council has recently committed to progressing a new Local Plan 2041, as set out in our .
Call for Sites
The first step in this process is to invite landowners, agents, developers, community groups and others who are interested in having land considered for a range of different uses to submit information to us on the sites they would like to be assessed.
Sites proposed for consideration will be added to our submitted sites register and a high-level review of the site will be undertaken by officers. The sites register will be made publicly available at the Regulation 18 consultation stage of the Local Plan 2041. This exercise is purely a data gathering exercise about sites which may be available for development. Sites submitted to us through this process will only gain planning status if they are taken forward as an allocation within the Local Plan. This process does not grant planning permission to any sites submitted. All sites would need to be submitted in accordance with the requirements below.
Requirements for sites
- Located in the Vale of White Horse District Council’s administrative boundary
- Able to accommodate 5 or more dwellings if proposed for residential use
- Able to accommodate 500sqm or more if proposed for economic development use
For a site to be submitted successfully, you will also need to provide the following;
- Contact details (Name/Address/Telephone Number/Email/Who are you representing if not the landowner)
- Site details (site address; site coordinates; current/previous uses)
- Landownership details (Name/Address of owner(s); Single ownership; any other interests – tenancies)
- An appropriately scaled map showing the boundaries of the site
- Proposed use(s) (Housing, Employment, Retail, Nature Recovery etc)
- Proposed scale (number of dwellings/employment floorspace etc)
- Information on when the site is likely to become available for development
- Information on any known constraints and how these could be overcome.
How to submit sites
Sites can be submitted by:
- Completing and posting or emailing it back to us (address below)
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to us: Planning Policy, Vale of White Horse District Council, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Milton, Abingdon, OX14 4SB.
- Using our online form, which is available here: https://survey.southandvale.gov.uk/s/Vale_Call_For_Sites_2020/
Please note that you must provide your name and address for your sites to be considered. Any personal information you provide to the Council within your submission will not be published online, however your information is required to ensure we can contact you further if your site is taken forward within the local plan.
Supporting Documents and Webpages
If you have any questions on our Call for Sites, please contact the Planning Policy team via email@example.com or call 01235 422600.
If you have any questions on the survey or require it in an alternative format (for example - large print, Braille, audio, email, Easy Read and alternative languages) please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01235 422425.
Last reviewed: 10 - 07 - 2020