Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA)
Final Version Published
The HELAA has now been published as part of the evidence base informing Local Plan 2031 Part 2. Further information on progress of the examination of the Part 2 plan can be found on the examination page of our website.
Online Interactive Version
We have produced an online interactive version of our recently published HELAA. This is available to view using this link.
Call for Sites
Sites can be submitted to us at any time, and will be considered again in future updates to the Local Plan or by parishes preparing Neighbourhood Development Plans.
Sites that are included in the current HELAA, and sites that have been submitted to us since then, do not need to be resubmitted. We will include all existing sites in any future assessment.
If you would like to submit a site to us to consider for development, please contact the Planning Policy team by email at or post to Planning Policy, Vale of White Horse District Council, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Milton OX14 4SB.
New sites must be:
- Located in Vale of White Horse District Council’s administrative boundary; and
- Able to accommodate at least five dwellings, or 500sqm of land for employment use, if promoted for these uses.
For a site to be submitted successfully, you will also need to provide the following:
- Contact details (Name; Address; Telephone Number; Email; If not the landowner, who are you representing?);
- Site details (Site address; Current/Previous Uses)
- Landownership details (Name/Address of Owner(s), if different from contact details; Single ownership?; Any other interests - tenancies?)
- An appropriately scaled map clearly showing the boundaries of the site
- Proposed use(s) (Housing/Employment/Retail/Mixed Use/Other)
- Proposed scale (Number of dwellings/employment floorspace, etc)
- Information on when the site is likely to become available for development (Now/1-5 years/6-10 years/10-15 years)
- Information on any known constraints (access/flooding/contamination, etc) and how these could be overcome.
Where relevant, we will consider the potential of each submitted site to:
We will retain all information received, including personal data, on a single site submission register maintained by the Planning Policy team. To find out more about how the council holds, uses and stores your personal data, please click this link.
Last reviewed: 05 - 11 - 2018