Oxfordshire Growth Board
The Oxfordshire Growth Board is a partnership of councils, businesses, the universities and other key partners in Oxfordshire. Through collaborative working it delivers projects that promote high quality growth in Oxfordshire as well as priorities agreed in the City Deal and Local Growth Deals.
The Board also exists to advise on matters of collective interest, to seek agreement on local priorities and influence relevant local, regional and national bodies.
- Didcot Garden Town: Oxfordshire County Council secures £218m for major transport improvements - Transport improvements in and around Didcot will support the creation of new jobs and homes, thanks to a successful grant funding bid led by Oxfordshire County Council
- Book tokens up for grabs as children invited to draw their ‘Oxfordshire in 2050' - Children can win book tokens as part of a drawing competition for the Oxfordshire Plan 2050
- Extra care homes for Chipping Norton supported by Growth Deal - A planning application for an extra care housing scheme in West Oxfordshire supported by £2.9 million of funding from the Oxfordshire Housing & Growth Deal, has been approved
The Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report has been prepared to identify the scope and level of detail to be included in the Sustainability Appraisal (SA). The SA is a legal requirement in the production of the Local Plan and promotes sustainable development by assessing the extent to which the Plan’s policy options will help to achieve relevant environmental, economic and social objectives.
This consultation is now CLOSED. You can still view the responses online here .
Purpose of the Oxfordshire Growth Board (from the terms of reference):
- to facilitate and enable collaboration between local authorities on economic development, strategic planning and growth
- to deliver cross-boundary programmes of work including the City Deal, Growth Deal, Strategic Economic Plan and Local Transport Board programmes, within government timescales. This includes agreeing the detailed contents of specific priorities, plans, projects and programmes
- to approve and monitor the implementation of a detailed work programme as laid out in the City Deal, Strategic Economic Plan and Local Transport Board programmes, together with any future Growth Deals or other programmes as agreed
- to bid for the allocation of resources to support the above purposes.
Who attends the Growth Board?
The board includes the local authorities within the Oxfordshire LEP. These are: Cherwell District Council, Oxford City Council, South Oxfordshire District Council, Vale of White Horse District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council and Oxfordshire County Council and they are represented by their respective leaders and chief executives.
The are some non-voting representatives including
- Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Oxfordshire Skills Board
- Oxford Universities
- Homes and Communities Agency
- Environment Agency
- Network Rail
- Highways Agency
Where can I read more?
Please visit the Oxfordshire Growth Board website.
The Growth Board meetings take place every other month. From 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019, the meetings are being hosted and chaired by South Oxfordshire District Council.
All current and historic minutes and agendas for the Growth Board can be found here. https://www.oxfordshiregrowthboard.org/meetings/
There you can also find the questions posed by members of the public to the Board, as well as the responses.
You can contact the Oxfordshire Growth Board Team, who are based at South Oxfordshire Council, using the details below:
South Oxfordshire District Council
Partnership and Insight
135 Eastern Avenue
Last reviewed: 17 - 05 - 2019