Oxfordshire Growth Board
The Oxfordshire Growth Board is a statutory decision making body of councils and key partners in Oxfordshire. Through collaborative working it delivers projects that were agreed and created in the City Deal and Local Growth Deals. It also monitors the delivery of priorities as set out in the Oxfordshire Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) on behalf of the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
The board also exists to advise on matters of collective interest, to seek agreement on local priorities and influence relevant local, regional and national bodies.
The Oxfordshire Infrastructure Study (OxIS) is now published. For the latest update, you can read a recently issued and the . Further information can be found on the Oxfordshire Growth Board website.
Purpose of the Oxfordshire Growth Board (from the terms of reference):
- to facilitate and enable collaboration between local authorities on economic development, strategic planning and growth
- to deliver cross-boundary programmes of work including the City Deal, Growth Deal, Strategic Economic Plan and Local Transport Board programmes, within government timescales. This includes agreeing the detailed contents of specific priorities, plans, projects and programmes
- to approve and monitor the implementation of a detailed work programme as laid out in the City Deal, Strategic Economic Plan and Local Transport Board programmes, together with any future Growth Deals or other programmes as agreed
- to bid for the allocation of resources to support the above purposes.
Who attends the Growth Board?
The board includes the local authorities within the Oxfordshire LEP. These are: Cherwell District Council, Oxford City Council, South Oxfordshire District Council, Vale of White Horse District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council and Oxfordshire County Council and they are represented by their respective leaders and chief executives.
The are some non-voting representatives including
- Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Oxfordshire Skills Board
- Oxford Universities
- Homes and Communities Agency
- Environment Agency
- Network Rail
- Highways Agency
Where can I read more?
Please visit the Oxfordshire Growth Board website.
The Growth Board usually takes place every other month. From 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016, the meetings were hosted by Cherwell District Council at their offices - the minutes and agendas can be found here. Previously, the meeting was hosted by West Oxfordshire District Council.
All current minutes and agendas for the Growth Board are on the Oxfordshire County Council Growth Board website. There you can also find the questions posed by members of the public to the Board, as well as the responses.
You can contact the Growth Board Partnership Programme Manager, Paul Staines, who is based at Oxford City Council, using the details below:
Oxford City Council
St Aldate's Chambers
109 -113 St Aldate's
Last reviewed: 05 - 04 - 2018