Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document
- how planning obligations will work alongside CIL to deliver the infrastructure needed to support development in the Vale
- how and when we will seek planning obligations
- if you are planning a development, what contributions you might be asked to make
The Developer Contributions SPD will be applied to applications determined following the implementation of the CIL Charging Schedule.
Further guidance on planning obligations and their use is available as part of the National Planning Policy Framework, Planning Practice Guidance.
The purpose of the SPD is to:
- set out the Council’s approach towards developer contributions following the introduction of the Council’s Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule;
- outline each of the contributions mechanisms, the legislative and policy context (including the relevant Local Plan policies);
- identify which contributions mechanisms will be used in which circumstances;
- and explain what is expected of applicants and what the applicant can expect from the Council in relation to securing infrastructure through planning contributions.
Last reviewed: 27 - 02 - 2020