Garden waste collection terms and conditions
Revised terms and conditions
1. The garden waste collection service (the “Service”) is for a 12 month period commencing on the date of your first payment. The Service will continue for further 12 month periods after the initial 12 month period unless you notify the council that you wish to cancel the Service at least five working days before the advised direct debit collection date.
2. If the council miss a collection when your bin was presented correctly in accordance to clause 13, and you have reported this to Biffa, the council will endeavour to make the collection as soon as reasonably practicable. Missed collections must be reported by the end of the following working day after your scheduled collection day. The council will not issue refunds for missed collections.
3. If you cancel or suspend your Service part way through the 12 month period, there will be no full or part refunds. If the council miss a collection, replacement collections will be provided as soon as reasonably practicable.
4. The annual fee for the Service will be by direct debit, unless an alternative method of payment has been agreed in advance by the council.
5. The Council reserves the right to carry out an annual review of the Service fee from 1 April each year. You will be notified by invoice if any changes are made.
6. The Service is registered to the property of the resident who purchases it. If you move to another property within South Oxfordshire or Vale of White Horse (“the Districts”), you can have the Service transferred to the new property, provided you inform the council where and when you will be moving.
7. If you move out of the Districts, you will not be eligible for a refund of the fee. If you take the garden waste bin(s) with you, you may be charged for the bin(s).
8. You are entitled to a minimum of 20 collections over the 12 month period on the same day as your recycling collection (unless the council advises otherwise).
9. All garden waste must be contained within the bin(s) provided unless otherwise agreed by the council. Garden waste not contained in the bin(s) will not be collected. Contaminated or unsafe bin(s) will not be emptied.
10. The council reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions and you will be notified of any changes.
11. The bin(s) will remain the property of the council at all times, and must only be used for garden waste.
12. The bin(s) must not be defaced , damaged or inscribed in any way. Damaged or stolen bin(s) must be reported immediately and a one-off charge may be incurred for the replacement.
13. Bin(s) must be out for collection on the inside edge of your property’s boundary or at an agreed collection point for emptying by 6am on collection day. This should be at the point nearest to the road or pavement and no more than one metre away from the boundary edge. The bin(s) must be accessible and clearly visible.
14. The council reserves the right to change the collection day, but will notify you in advance through the press, the council’s website, Twitter, and other council publications.
15. The council will suspend collections for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year period. Confirmation of collection days and dates affected over the Christmas period will be available from the council’s website, and other council publications.
16. The council reserves the right to suspend collections in exceptional circumstances, for example adverse weather conditions.
17. Properties with restricted access may not be suitable to receive the service. The council will assess the property, and if it is not suitable the council will advise of the other options available.
18. If you leave the service at any time, you will not be able to re-join within six months of your leaving date unless agreed by the council.
19. The council accepts no liability for injury due to the use of the bin(s).
20. The council may use other council data it holds to help maintain accurate garden waste records.
Order your garden waste bin
Each 240 litre wheeled bin costs £40.50 each year.
If you have two signatories on your account, you will not be able to use the online process. If you are in this situation, please download and complete the . Please be sure to enclose your address for delivery of the bin on a separate sheet of paper when returning the form to the address shown.
All other applicants should click 'proceed' below to accept the terms and conditions and continue with the ordering process. You will be directed to a secure site.
If you have difficulty with the online process, please telephone us (see contact details).
Last reviewed: 03 - 04 - 2018