Brown bin terms and conditions
Garden waste collection service
REVISED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. We may use other council data we hold on you to help maintain accurate garden waste records.
2. There is an annual charge for the service which we will collect by direct debit. You will receive an invoice beforehand for your records but if an invoice is not paid within the council's payment terms, the brown bin will not be emptied and arrangements will be made to remove the brown bin.
3. The council reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions and increase the annual charge for the service.
4. The bin remains the property of the council at all times and you must not change it in any way or use it for any purpose other than for storing garden waste.
5. The bin must be placed just within the boundary of your property for emptying by 6.00am on your collection day. The bin must be clearly visible. We will collect garden waste on the same day as your recycling (unless we advise you otherwise).
6. We reserve the right to change the collection day but will notify residents in advance, through the press our website and council publications.
7. We will suspend collections for two weeks over Christmas to manage the extra household waste generated over this period and will notify residents through our website and council publications. We will however collect extra side waste on a date in the spring, which we will publicise in advance.
8. We reserve the right to suspend collections in exceptional circumstances, for example adverse weather conditions.
9. We will only collect garden waste that is left in the wheeled bin supplied, except in January when collections have resumed following the Christmas break, when we will collect Christmas trees and in the spring when we offer a one-off collection of extra waste, see point seven.
10. Joining the service does not entitle you to a set number of collections or volume of waste.
11. If you damage the wheeled bin and it needs replacing you will be required to pay a one-off charge.
12. No refunds will be given and you cannot transfer your service to anyone else. If you wish to cancel the service you must tell us immediately or risk further charges.
13. If you move house within the district or to the Vale of White Horse/South Oxfordshire you can take your bin with you provided you tell us where and when you’ll be moving so we can make sure your service continues. You cannot take your bin to any other district and you must notify us if you change address or risk further charges. If you move out of the area and take the bin with you we may charge you for the bin.
14. Properties with restricted access may not be suitable to receive this service. We will assess your property and if it is not suitable we will advise you of the other options available.
Last reviewed: 17 - 12 - 2012