How the Vale Arts Service can help you
The Vale Arts Service can offer advice and support for a range of cultural activities. The Team adopts a variety of approaches to develop and support community, amateur and professional cultural practice within the District.
We offer guidance in the design of, or fundraising for art events and projects. Although we do not have a funding stream to directly distribute, we can provide information about the Council Community Grants scheme - see our Community grants pages for full details - as well as putting you in touch with other funding bodies such as:
We will support your application by providing help and advice on:
- Filling out the application form
- Helping to balance the budget
- Being your referee
- Finding creative funding alternatives
- Contracting artists.
We can also assist in practical ways to help make your event or project a success and ensure it is a positive experience all around through:
- Helping to put you in touch with artists
- Advising on most aspects of project management from writing risk assessments to finding equipment and supplies
- Assisting with marketing and promotion.
If you are an artist, we can:
- Signpost upcoming training or professional development opportunities
- Circulate employment opportunities
- Share news or opportunities such as exhibitions or studio space.
- you can also sign up to the countywide arts directory via OxOnArts.
- Please get in touch for more information or to provide us with your details for our database (see contact section of this page).
Last reviewed: 01 - 07 - 2014