Prize Gaming Permits
When an individual adult or group would like to run prize gaming from a premises that does not already have an existing premises licence or a club gaming permit, they should apply to Vale of White Horse District Council for a prize gaming permit.
You do not need a prize gaming permit if you:-
- Already have a licence/permit for Bingo Operating Licence from the Gambling Commission and a Bingo Premises Licence from your Local Licensing Authority.
- Hold a Casino Operating Licence.
- Hold a Gaming Machine General Operating Licence for an Adult Gaming Centre or Family Entertainment Centre.
- You are providing the prize gaming facilities at a travelling fair.
- You operate a machine that is designed or adapted for the playing of bingo by way of prize gaming you already hold a gaming machine general operating licence from the Gambling Commission and the machine is used in accordance with any condition of such a licence making a provision about the specification of such equipment.
- You operate a machine that is designed or adapted for the playing of bingo by way of prize gaming you already hold a gaming machine general operating licence from the Gambling Commission.
Applications should be made by the occupier/or person who plans to occupy the premises and they must be over 18 years of age. Details of the type of gaming that it is intended to offer must be provided, along with evidence that the applicant understands the limits to stakes and prizes that are set out in the regulations and evidence that the gaming to be offered is within the Law.
The permit lasts for 10 years and there is no annual fee.
Last reviewed: 15 - 02 - 2016