COVID-19: Licensing Advice – Street Traders
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop, we are keeping the matter under review, following government advice, and updating our business continuity arrangements to ensure we can continue to deliver our licensing service.
Some of this information may be subject to change without notice. We will do our best to keep you informed but we appreciate your understanding and patience at this time.
In line with government advice, officers are working from home as much as possible. Our offices are closed to the public, so please do not attempt to make the trip to drop off any paperwork, payments etc. Please see our street trader webpage for guidance on how to apply.
We will do our best to process your application as quickly as possible but please bear in mind it will very likely take longer than usual.
Contacting the team
As we are very busy trying to process as many applications as possible, please do not contact us unless it is absolutely necessary. In the first instance, please check the website for any updates or changes to procedures.
- If you cannot find the answer to your question on the website, please use email to contact us. Our email address firstname.lastname@example.org will be monitored throughout the day and we will respond as soon as we are able.
- If you do not have access to email, please call us on 01235 422556. It is likely that we will not be able to take your call at the time, so please be prepared to leave a message with your name, phone number and the reason for your call.
- We will try to return any calls and respond to emails within 5 working days, which is our usual response target.
Advice for street traders
You may find the following links useful:
- Government guidance on working safely
- HSE guidance on making your premises COVID-secure
- COVID-19 secure guidance on keeping workers and customers safe in restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
Support for businesses
We recognise these are challenging and uncertain times and would encourage anyone struggling with their mental health and wellbeing or financial difficulties to seek help from the broad range of support available including: