Pebble Hill and Woodlands Park
The council owns and manages Pebble Hill and Woodlands Park, which are permanent residential mobile home parks.
- Space for 216 mobile homes
- All plots have electrical, water and drainage connections
- No mains gas
- Park site rules are here
- Frequently asked questions are at the bottom of this page
Information for residents who want to buy, sell or gift a home
- Government funded free legal advice is provided by The Lease Advisory Service. They are an independent body, and advise leaseholders and park home owners. All of their advisers are legally qualified.
- Government website for mobile home owners
Costs and how to pay
Residents own their homes and pay an annual pitch rent to the council. The current pitch rent for the year is
- £1919.70 for Pebble Hill
- £1633.88 for Woodlands
You need to provide your invoice number for all payments. Remember to keep your receipt or payment reference in a safe place.
You can pay:
- using the automated phone line on 01235 422422 you will be prompted to say why you are calling. Say ‘automated payment’ or ‘make a payment’. You should then choose Option 2 to pay Vale of White Horse District Council. You should then choose Option 5 to pay an invoice. You will then be given a payment reference number which you should make a note of and keep in a safe place as it will serve as your receipt.
- Online – IMPORTANT: your reference number is the eight digit number on your invoice. Please note, this link will take you to a payment form on our old-style website. It will look a little different to this site, but it’s still an up to date and secure payment form
- By cheques made out to Vale of White Horse District Council
- by bank transfer, standing order or direct debit
Please note, that when completing the direct debit form please add your address at the back so we know who it has come from. Thank you.
- Barclays Bank PLC.
- Marcham Road Abingdon
- Account no 83001202
- Sort Code 20-01-25
You must use your invoice number as the reference
We carry out regular checks on all the Council owned trees to make sure they are healthy and safe and we have an ongoing schedule of maintenance work across our districts.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 01235 422404 and leave a message and an officer will return your call.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a home on the park?
You will need to purchase a home that is for sale on the park. This transaction will include the rights to occupy that pitch under an agreement called the Pitch Agreement, sometimes referred to as the Written Agreement or the Licence Agreement
Can I rent a home on the park?
No – under the Pitch Agreement the home must be the owners only or main home, so the owner is not allowed to rent the home to someone else .
Do you allow pets?
What is the rent money for?
The rent money is for the pitch the home sits on. The income is used to help supplement the maintenance costs of the sites.
How is the rent set?
Rent rises are set each year based on the Retail Price Index (RPI – which is a measure of inflation. Specifically, it is based on the increase/decrease in the rate over 12 months up to the January before the April review.
What council tax band are the homes in?
Are there any other hidden charges?
No, no other charges. You pay pitch rent and council tax to the council and your other bills are between you and your supplier.
Do you have any homes for sale at the moment?
All sales are between the seller and the buyer. Mobile homes are generally advertised for sale in the same when as regular homes via websites or local estate agents.
Can I run a business from my mobile home?
Yes, provided there’s no impact on the park or its residents.
For more information, contact the park manager, Mandy Courtney by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07917 088320.