Skip to content

Street trading

If you’re a street trader or want to sell items in the street (other than for charitable purposes) you will need a street trading consent.

How to apply

You should read our street trading policy before making an application.

You will also need to ensure that you have permission from the land owner.

If you then wish to proceed, please send a completed street trading application form, along with any required supporting documents, to the email address below.

Please take care to complete the application form in full. Any incomplete or illegible applications will be rejected.

We may have to issue the consent by email so please ensure you provide an email address on your application. If you cannot send your application form by email, please contact us to discuss. Please avoid applying by post wherever possible, as such applications may not be received or considered promptly.

When we receive your completed application, we will send you a link to our online payment portal.

For details on how we use data relating to licence holders and applicants, please see our privacy notice for licence holders and applicants.

For details on how we use data relating to complainants and those making representations against a licence application, please see our privacy notice for complainants and objectors.

What happens next?

Once we receive your application we will consult with relevant bodies such as Highways, Environmental Health and local ward councillors. We aim to determine your application within ten working days after the 28-day consultation period.

Contact us - Licensing

01235 422556
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Vale of White Horse District Council
Abbey House
Abbey Close
OX14 3JE