Jobs at the council
There are lots of great benefits for our staff including:
- life assurance
- annualised hours scheme which offers a flexibility of working hours
- annual leave entitlement of at least 24 days plus bank holidays and an extra 5 days after 5 years’ service
- free car parking at council offices
- cycle purchase scheme and pool bikes
- free eye tests and a contribution towards glasses for VDU users
- on site wellbeing treatments available
We are a ‘Positive about Disabled People’ symbol user and meet the ‘two ticks’ disability symbol standard. If you have a disability and you apply for a job with us, you will be guaranteed an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the post.
For work experience, longer term placements and apprentices see our work experience page.
Job vacancies at partner organisations
- Our waste contractor, Biffa, is currently recruiting loaders. The rate is £11 per hour. To apply call 01865 409570.
- Our Car Park contractor, Saba Park Services UK Limited, is currently recruiting Civil Enforcement Officers to monitor and enforce council ‘pay and display’ car parks. Full and Part Time opportunities available. To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com
- Oxfordshire County Council is looking for an EV Charging Projects District Councils Liaison Officer OCC613120 – Closing date for applications: Friday 5 January 2024 – For more information and to apply – click here
Living in the area
We work with South Oxfordshire District Council by sharing staff to provide cost-effective services for our residents.
Schools in Oxfordshire
Find out more about schools available in the area by visiting the Oxfordshire County Council website.