Skip to content

Housing support

Household Benefit

If you rent a home from another person, or housing association and you’re on a low income, you may be entitled to help with paying your rent. 

Find out more about housing benefit on our housing benefit webpage.

Discretionary Housing Payment

These are short term financial payments that can help with shortfalls in rent for residents receiving either Housing Benefit or Universal Credit housing costs.

Each application is considered on its own merits. Find out if you’re eligible and apply for Discretionary Housing Benefit here.

Mortgage payment support

The Department of Works and Pensions may be able to help towards the interest payments through Support for Mortgage Interest. See the government’s mortgage payment support page for information on how to apply.

Help with improving your home

If you need financial support to help insulate or make adaptions to your home, take a look at our home improvements website page to see if you’re eligible.

You can also visit the Better Housing, Better Health website, which gives you free impartial advice on managing debts from your fuel bills, repairing or replacing your heating and energy saving tips that help to save you money.