Skip to content

Emergency situations

Here is some useful information including telephone numbers to call in an emergency:

Fire/smoke – evacuate your property immediately, head to a point of safety and then call 999.

Gas – to report a gas leak either in the house or street call National Grid on 0800 111 999.

Water – to report a water main burst or blocked sewer contact Thames Water on 0800 316 9800.

Flooding – to report flooding call the Environment Agency on 0800 80 70 60.

Oxfordshire County Council’s flood toolkit website gives advice to homeowners, businesses, landowners and the community on flood prevention and recovery, and what to do in an emergency. 

Flood alerts – you can sign up to the alerts in your area via the Environment Agency Website.

More guidance information can be found on the following pages: