Skip to content

Proof of life and residence for foreign pensions

If you receive a pension from a foreign country, we can provide a stamp to confirm proof of life and residence in the UK.

You do not need an appointment we have a drop-in service. These can be done at reception in Abbey House, Abbey Close, OX14 3JE

Monday – Thursday 08:30 – 17:00 and Friday 08:30 – 16:00

Please note:

  • We are not able to advise you on how to complete your form. 
  • This service is only available to South Oxfordshire or Vale of White Horse District Council Residents

You must bring photo ID and proof of residency with you, even if we have verified your pension before. If it’s a couple’s pension you must also bring this for your partner.

Each person named on the ‘Proof of life’ form will need to attend and bring the following:

  • The ‘Proof of life’ form you need us to authorise. This must have an English translation on.
  • A valid passport, driver’s licence, bus pass or other photo ID

You’ll also need to bring one of the following to prove your address:

  • a utility bill dated no more than 3 months before the date you attend.
  • a bank or building society statement or passbook dated no more than 1 month before the date you attend.
  • a council tax bill dated no more than 1 year before the date you attend.