Skip to content

What we do

As a district council we collect council tax on behalf of other organisations like the county council and the police. We keep around ten per cent of what we collect to help pay for services we provide, including:

For a more complete list of services see Who we are link on the right

What other organisations do

In Oxfordshire, there are three types of council:

Council tax

Around 80 per cent of the council tax we collect goes to Oxfordshire County Council whose services include education and schools, libraries, social services, roads (potholes, tourism signs, gritting), household waste and recycling centres (tips) and fire services.

Your parish and town councils receive council tax for services such as recreation areas, footpaths, allotments and bus shelters. The rest goes to Thames Valley Police.