The council cannot recycle soft plastics with other recycling in the green bin but they can be recycled at supermarkets.
Soft plastics include:
- Clear film used to wrap meat and fish
- Film from the tops of plastic trays
- Crisp packets
- Fruit, veg and salad bags
- Sweet wrappers
- Bread bags
- All plastic bags, except biodegradable or compostable bags
- Plastic pouches for pet food and baby food
Please take these to supermarkets who collect them for recycling.
The website Recycle Now now has a locator so you can find which supermarkets closest to you have collection bins for soft plastics
- All items should be clean and free of food.
- Tear off sticky labels where possible.
- Compostable and biodegradable bags are not designed to be recycled and if they enter the recycling system can potentially cause quality issues in the recycled material.