Data protection and you
The General Date Protection Regulations came into force on 25 May 2018.
We have policies in place to ensure that we only use any personal data that you may give us for purposes for which you have provided it, in compliance with current data protection law.
By law, we must process your personal data fairly. This means that we:
- only obtain it for purposes for which we are authorised
- record it accurately
- keep it up to date and make any amendments you request
- do not keep it longer than necessary.
We will keep your personal data secure within our organisation but that enables us to disclose information in certain circumstances outside the organisation. We will only do this if the law permits us to do so and in accordance with our contracts with these organisations. This includes requirements to keep your data secure. Some personal data will appear on file records, which by law we are required to keep and make publicly available.
Data protection regulation requires every data controller who is processing personal information to register with the Information Commissioner's Office unless they are exempt.
The council has two registrations:
- Data controller name: Vale of White Horse District Council Registration number: Z6666984
- Data controller name: Electoral registration officer for Vale of White Horse District Council Registration number: Z2612241
Finding out about the data we hold on you
You are entitled to ask the council what personal data is held about you. To do this, you can either:
- complete our . This ensures we gather all the information required to deal with your request as efficiently as possible.
- Email us at email@example.com
- write to us at: FOI Officer, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Milton, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SB
In all cases please include copies of two different documents as evidence of your name and current address e.g. a current utility bill and recent bank statement (dated within the last three months) and your passport or photo ID driving licence. This is due to the sensitive nature of the information held). We may ask to see original documents.
Any queries and requests about the council's handling of personal data should be sent to:Adrianna Partidge Data Protection Officer
Vale of White Horse District Council 135 Eastern Avenue Milton Park Abingdon Oxfordshire OX14 4SB
Last reviewed: 25 - 05 - 2018