Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
Updated 1 April 2020
Support line for those who need help
If you or someone you know has been identified as extremely vulnerable by the NHS and have nobody around to help with day to day tasks like shopping, please call 01865 897820 or email email@example.com.
Anyone in this situation that is not considered high risk can check to see if there are any volunteer groups nearby to help them at www.oxfordshireallin.org/local-support-groups or they can call 01235 422600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
These support lines are open 8.30am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sundays.
All our council offices are now closed. To contact us, please see our contact page at the top of our website for all the departments emails and telephone numbers. Our phone lines remain open if you need to speak to someone, however it’s likely to be quicker if you look for your information on our website or contact us via email.
For details on services provided by Oxfordshire County Council please visit the county council's website.
If you are having any difficulty paying your council tax for any reason, including if you have lost work or now have a reduced income, contact us as soon as possible on 0345 302 2313 or email email@example.com
Advice for businesses and job seekers
If you’re a local business owner and looking for advice on the coronavirus, you can head to the government website r we have launched an online form for local businesses to apply for a small business or retail grant, find out more here
For all other advice for business owners, self-employed and job seekers, please see our South and Vale Business Support website.
Guidance for businesses, food retailers, takeaways and food delivery facilities is on our information for businesses page
Most waste collections are running normally. We are experiencing a small amount of disruption to some of our waste collection services. Keep up to date on our waste services update page.
- We have had to suspend our kerbside collections for batteries, small electricals and textiles recycling service because the centres that would normally accept these items are currently unable to take them for processing. We ask people to keep these items until the service has resumed. Do not put them in the general rubbish or recycling bins because of the fire risk to bin trucks.
- We must remind people that gatherings like community litter picks should no longer be taking place until the government guidelines allow, and until our waste contractos is able to cope with the extra waste collection.
Warning against COVID-19 scams
Please be on your guard against criminals and scammers exploiting the coronavirus situation.
In Oxfordshire, the County Council’s Trading Standards team has received reports of scams targeting people via emails, text messages, and on the doorstep.
For more details and advice please see this advice from Trading Standards.
Parking charges suspended
All parking charges in our car parks are now suspended until 1 June 2020 to support key workers and those needing to shop for essential food and medical supplies. You do not need to display a ticket. Find out more here.
Leisure and community centres, parks and play areas, and The Beacon
Meetings, elections, referendums and events postponed
- all council meetings scheduled to take place in April have been postponed.
- our South and Vale Business Awards will now take place in the autumn – more information here https://www.svbs.co.uk/
- All of our activities run by the Active Communities team. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police and Crime Commissioner Election has been postponed and will now take place in 2021
- The Shrivenham Neighbourhood Plan referendum was postponed - we don't have a new date yet.
We cannot offer licensing appointments until further notice. For more information head to our webpage here.
Planning and building control
Advice for town and parish councils
If you’re a town or parish council looking for further guidance, please contact the Oxfordshire Association for Local Councils.
You can keep up to date and help to stop the spread of the virus by following the guidance on the government’s website.
Last reviewed: 01 - 04 - 2020