The council is responsible for issuing and managing a range of licences and permits covering a variety of activities. These include licences for premises that supply alcohol and for taxi drivers as well as for a range of other charitable and commercial activities. The main aim of licensing is to protect the public by ensuring there are high standards of public safety and public protection.
All council staff carry photo ID and are happy to be asked for it and to explain the reason for their visit.
You can also use our online Public register of licences to look up information on licences.
If you have any questions, require more information about a licensing issue or have concerns about a licensed person or premises, please contact the Licensing Team (see contacts section of this page).
In the licensing section you can:
- Apply for personal and premises licences for alcohol and entertainment
- Find out about the Gambling Act 2005 and gambling licences
- Apply for a taxi licence
- Apply for a sex establishment licence
- Find out about other licences and permits such as animal boarding licences and charity collections.
- Apply for a Temporary Event Notice for a party
- View the licensing registers
- Find guidance on event management
Last reviewed: 20 - 12 - 2017