Energy efficiency advice for businesses
In many businesses a 20% cut in energy costs represents the same bottom line benefit as a 5% increase in sales (Carbon Trust, Better business guide to saving energy, May 2010). See below for some information on support available to improve your energy efficiency and reduce your energy costs.
The Carbon Trust
The Carbon Trust provides tools, services and information to help you implement energy and carbon saving measures including:
- Watch the energy management training videos and create an action plan for your workplace.
- Tips and checklists for cost savings in your or browse energy saving advice topics.
- Unsecured interest-free loans for energy saving equipment that pays back within four years.
The Energy Saving Trust
Funded by the Department for Transport, the Energy Saving Trust’s free independent advice services are for all fleet sizes:
Fleets of up to 50 vehicles
- How can I drive more fuel-efficiently?
- Are biofuels a practical alternative?
- Are speed limiters a good idea?
These are just some of the questions that the EST’s small fleet advice consultants are commonly asked. The service is free and can answer most questions in an instant.
Fleets of 25 vehicles or more
A free Fleet Health Check assesses your fleet and highlights areas where you can reduce its emissions and save money. It’s quick to arrange and provides a short report, giving you an assessment of your current situation and how you can improve it.
Fleets of 50 vehicles or more
Green Fleet Reviews are also free. An Energy Saving Trust transport consultant will review your vehicles, your business and your transport needs before recommending how you can cut costs and reduce your environmental impact.
For more information call 0845 602 1425 or visit the Energy Saving Trust website.
Last reviewed: 25 - 08 - 2015