Drug and alcohol misuse

Accessing support locally

The South and Vale Community Safety Partnership works closely with  public health and clinical commissioning group which is responsible for drug treatment services in Oxfordshire.  The team offers advice on drug and alcohol issues – please visit the Oxfordshire County Council drug and alcohol page or call 0845 050 7666

Help for young people

CAN Young People’s Team is a free, confidential drug and alcohol service for young people under the age of 19 and their families/carers in Oxfordshire. CAN Young People’s Team aim to provide information, education, advice and treatment to young people in relation to drug and alcohol use. To find out more information visit www.can.org.uk

The Abingdon Bridge offers one-to-one support for young people with problems related to drugs and other issues. You can call them on 01235 522375 or visit http://www.theabingdonbridge.org.uk/

Other sources of advice and information

National Drugs Helpline - for free, confidential information and advice 24 hours a day.

Telephone: 0800 776600

Alcohol Concern - the national agency on alcohol misuse

Website: http://www.alcoholconcern.org.uk/ This link will take you to an external website...

Alcoholics Anonymous

Telephone: 0845 7697 555

Website: http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/ This link will take you to an external website...

Drinkline - a confidential helpline offering advice on alcohol related issues. Can offer help to people worried about their own drinking as well as support to the family and friends of people who are drinking.

Telephone: 0800 917 8282

Last reviewed: 09 - 01 - 2017

Was this page helpful?YesNo