I've lost my dog
Reporting a lost dog
If you have lost your dog you can also report it to us:
We will require the following information in order to attempt to reunite you with your lost dog
- your name, address & a contact telephone number
- a full description of the dog including details of any collar or tag.
- chip number
- the location and time that you lost the dog
There are also several online websites where you can register your loss, such as DogLost.co.uk
Claiming your lost dog
- If we have your dog, we will charge you for a reclaiming fee and any kennel costs incurred, before we can release your dog.
- If your dog needed treatment from a vet, we will charge you these costs as well.
- If the dog is not paid for and claimed before 4pm on a Friday, you will be charged for the weekend's kennelling costs.
- You will be expected to collect your dog from the kennels.
- We will give you a release number you will need to quote at the kennels before they will release your dog.
- Our kennels are open for collections from Monday to Friday between 9am-midday and 1pm-4.30pm.
You can pay release fees using a debit or credit card by contacting Environmental Health during the council offices opening hours (Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm and Friday 8.30am-4.30pm).
Fees & charges
|Reclaiming fee for dogs found during office hours (includes £25 Statutory Fee)||£130.00|
|Reclaiming fee for dogs found outside office hours (includes £25 Statutory Fee)||£151.00|
|Kennelling charges (per day)||£18.00|
Please note, even if your dog has been chipped or is wearing a tag, it will be taken to our kennels and you will be required to pay the charges detailed above. We will attempt to contact owners as soon as possible after the dog has arrived at the kennels; however the dog will not be released until the fees have been paid to the council.
Last reviewed: 09 - 04 - 2018