Pubs and clubs

Dealing with late night noise problems

  • First, it's a good idea to check the premises have a licence to play live or recorded music. Every licensed premises should have a summary of their licence displayed in a prominent position for the public to view. If you can't view the summary, contact our Licensing team.
  • If the premises licence permits live or recorded music but it is causing you a nuisance, we suggest you initially discuss your concerns with the licence holder or the manager of the premises. Keep a record of your conversation.
  • If after a suitable period of adjustment there is no improvement, contact Environmental protection to discuss the problem or open a formal complaint using the form below.

Report a problem online

Details about how we deal with complaints can be found on this page.  You can report a problem by using our online report form or contacting Environmental protection (see contacts section on this page).

Last reviewed: 30 - 06 - 2016

Was this page helpful?YesNo