Pest control

The council does not offer any form pest control services and has no legal duty to provide such a service or treat infestations of pests. Therefore if you require any pest treatment, you need to find and pay for your own private pest control contractor. You can search online or look at the British Pest Control Association’s website This link will take you to an external website...  for a pest controller and further advice about managing and preventing pest problems.

However, if you have identified a potential rodent infestation impacting your home, please contact the environmental protection team so they can investigate. The only statutory duty the council has is to serve notices on the owners or occupiers of properties or land that are infested, requiring them to get rid of the infestation in a specified timescale.

Last reviewed: 07 - 08 - 2018

Was this page helpful?YesNo